4 Hours 6-8 people
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Place frozen turkey roast (netting still on) on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil. Cook uncovered for 4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Meanwhile, make gravy. Melt the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and ½ tsp coarse salt and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring frequently, until it turns butterscotch colour.
- Very carefully whisk in the turkey stock in a slow stream. Be careful, it will bubble up quickly.
- Stir in rosemary and peppercorns and turn heat down to low. Whisk in cream and remaining ½ tsp salt. When mixture thickens, turn off heat and cover. Let stand for 1 hour to infuse flavours.
- Just before serving, return gravy to a simmer over low heat. Force through a fine-mesh sieve into a serving dish. Discard solids.
- Serve turkey roast with gravy on the side.
Note: if low sodium/unsalted broth is used, you’ll need to add more salt.