10 minutes 26 minutes 4
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Heat a frying pan on medium high heat. Add oil and let warm, about 1 minute.
- Add in diced turkey thighs. Stir once then let cook untouched for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Stir and repeat.
- Once browned, add onion and bell pepper; leaving any liquid in the pan. Stir occasionally until veg begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and cook on medium heat until liquid had reduced slightly.
- Make salsa before assembling; add diced tomato, onion and cilantro into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble: place ½ cup of cheese on 1 half of a tortilla. Top with turkey and pepper mix, and optional chopped turkey bacon. Then top with another ½ c of cheese. Fold empty half over top.
- In a pan on medium heat add about 1 tablespoon of oil. Swirl to evenly coat. Add in quesadilla and cook on each side for 3 minutes. Longer if cheese has not melted.
- Set rest for about 1 minute. Then cut into 4. Serve with sour cream and guacamole. Top Turkey quesadillas with salsa and serve.