1 hour 15 minutes 4 persons
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Mix all tahini yogurt ingredients until smooth and viscous. Add more water if desired to attain drizzle consistency.
- Toast pinenuts until coloured and fragrant. Then roughly chop for later use.
- Skewer dates. Grill on medium heat until caramelized (only 1-2 minutes).
- Slice shallots thinly. Toss in olive oil and sumac. Reserve for building lettuce wraps.
- Slice bottom of bibb lettuce and gently remove individual lettuces. Wash and dry. Reserve for building of lettuce wraps.
- Cook bulgar by placing in 2-1/2 cup water, bring to boil, then reducing to a simmer (covered) until all the water is absorbed. Approx. 15 minutes.
- Mix herbs, spices, bulgar, onion, and garlic in the with the ground meat taking care not to over mix.
- Grab handful of mixture and shape into balls just slightly larger than golf balls. Then, using fingertips shape balls into more oblong shape. Continue until approx. 24 Koftas are made. Place 3-4 on each skewer and press gently to ensure they stay affixed to skewer.
- Grill over medium/high heat, turning frequently to attain even colour. Cook until cooked through 8-10 minutes.
- Assemble wraps: Place 2-3 koftas in a lettuce leaf. Top with Tahini yogurt, pine nuts, dates, and shallots. Enjoy!