20 minutes 4 Hours 6-8 People
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix olive oil, sage, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3. Take ¼ cup of sage oil and baste turkey roast. Keep remaining oil for the creamy sauce and mashed sweet potatoes.
- 4. Cook in the oven for 4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165o F. Wait 10 minutes before removing the string and cutting. Set aside.
1. In a large non-stick skillet, brown French shallots at medium heat in sage oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Bring to boil for 1 minute maximum to prevent the sauce from becoming too thick.
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook sweet potatoes and potatoes until tender. Drain.
- 2. Return potatoes to pot and add olive oil, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and reduce in a puree using a pestle or an electric mixer. Set aside.
1. Cut roast in thin slices and serve with sauce.
- 2. Pour remaining sage oil on mashed sweet potatoes and serve as an accompaniment.