15 minutes 3 hours 12 persons
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Combine all ingredients except turkey and oil. Blend well (may be prepared 2 to 3 days in advance. Store mixture in an airtight container at room temperature).
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; refrigerate for another use or discard. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to the tucked position, if untucked. Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush outside of the turkey with half of the oil; rub outside and inside cavity with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
- Brush spiced turkey with remaining 3 tbsp. of oil. Bake approximately 3 hours*, or until meat thermometer reaches 180 °F when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh. Remove turkey from oven.
- Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.