Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat slow cooker to high-heat setting.
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, mustard powder, onion powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of black pepper in a small bowl to create a rub.
- Pat down turkey thighs with a paper towel, and use rub to cover both sides of the turkey.
- Add turkey thighs, canned tomatoes, soy sauce, onion and celery to the slow cooker, and cook on high for one hour (covered).
- 5. Using a pair of tongs, remove thigh bones from the slow cooker and discard. Using a fork, pull/shred turkey meat. Remove slow cooker cover, and let simmer and reduce for 20 minutes.
- Combine shredded apples and diced celery together in a bowl. Mix in celery seed, ¼ teaspoon of salt, apple cider vinegar and Greek yogurt.
- Slice your favourite burger bun, and top with pulled turkey and slaw. Enjoy!