1 hour 10 Minutes 30 Minutes 1
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Butterfly turkey breast and cut into 4 equal pieces that would fit well on top of a burger bun.
- In a food processor, combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili, oregano, paprika, vinegar, lemon zest/juice, sugar, salt, black pepper and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Pour half of the uncooked marinade over the sliced turkey and mix to coat. Allow to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour to overnight in the fridge.
- Transfer remaining half of marinade to a saucepan and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to completely cool.
- Grill marinated turkey breast on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side until slightly charred on the outside and cooked through to the middle. Brush with cooked peri-peri sauce and set aside.
- To build burger, layer peri-peri turkey burger on a hamburger bun with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and pickled hot peppers. Serve alongside reserved peri-peri sauce for dipping.