3 hours 5 minutes 8 persons
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Melt butter in milk over low heat. Add yeast and allow to foam for 10 minutes (make sure butter and milk are just warm, too hot and the yeast won't activate).
- Evenly mix flour, sugar and salt, then add to wet. Mix using dough hook for approx. 5 minutes or until evenly mixed, smooth, and pulling away from side of the bowl. Rest in slightly oiled bowl, covered in warm area for approx. 1 - 1.5 hours or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into 6 -8 pieces depending on desired size. Shape into balls and rest again, covered for an additional hour.
- Bring 3L of water up to rolling boil and add baking powder. In batches, slowly add rested balls of dough and boil for about 30 seconds. Remove and place on greased sheet tray. Scramble egg then brush on to each ball. Slice desired pattern into top of buns with very sharp knife.
- Bake at 450°f for 17 minutes, then lower to 350°f for 5 remaining minutes.
- Combine mayo and Dijon. Set aside for later.
- Create 4-5 slits in turkey franks, ensuring not to cut all the way through. Grill on medium heat directly on BBQ until darkened, heated through and nicely coloured.
- Slice buns in half and quickly grill until slightly toasted.
- Add 1 tbsp. of Dijon mayo to bottom layer of bun. Top with lettuce, a few slices of pickle and brie. Cut franks in half, then half again. Add slices of cooked frank to bun. Top and enjoy!