15 Minutes 4 Hours 30 Minutes 6-8 people
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat oven to 325 °F (165°C).
- Remove bag around the roast and discard. Keep netting over roast.
- Brush all sides of turkey with oil and season with salt and pepper. Then, brush all sides of turkey with dark soy.
- Place turkey on a roasting pan with a rack. Add 4 cups of water to the pan, or enough to reach the wired rack. Place turkey in preheated oven.
- After one hour, remove roast and brush with honey, followed by dark soy sauce. Return to oven and let roast for one more hour.
- Once the second hour has passed, remove roast and brush with honey, followed by dark soy sauce. Flip roast so that the underside is on top and return to the oven.
- At the third hour, remove roast and brush with honey, followed by dark soy sauce. Return to oven.
- At three-and-a-half hours, turn heat to 385 °F (165°C) and cook until internal temperature hits 165°F (74°C).
- Remove from oven and rest roast for 10 mins. Remove netting. Glaze roast with honey only. Slice and serve.