25 minutes 3+ hours 12 persons
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat oven to 325 °F. Combine butter, herbs, zest, mustard, salt and pepper in work bowl of blender or food processor; cover. Process until well blended.
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey. Reserve giblets for stuffing recipe. Drain juices from turkey and dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
- Remove butter mixture from blender. Carefully work fingers under skin on breast of turkey. Place half the butter mixture under breast area. Rub remaining butter mixture over breast and legs of turkey.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a flat rack in a shallow baking pan. Roast turkey approximately 1-½ hours. Then, cover breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Roast turkey another 1-½ hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F; when inserted into the deepest part of the thigh.
- Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.