Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Cut turkey breasts into ½ inch cubes, or bite size pieces.
- Combine the remaining marinade ingredients in a bowl and toss with cubed turkey. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- For the sauce, cook onions, garlic and ginger with ½ cup of butter in a large saucepot on medium/high heat until caramelized (10 minutes).
- Add remaining sauce ingredients to the pan and cook for 15 minutes. Once cashews are softened, blend using an immersion blender until sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- Place cooked turkey on a parchment lined baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until browned. Flip the turkey pieces over and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Check internal temperature reaches 165F/74F.
- Transfer turkey to the sauce, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve butter turkey with steamed rice or your favourite naan bread (recipe below).
Mix flour, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture, and add yogurt, water and oil. Mix by hand until it forms a ball.
- Sprinkle dough with salt and mix by hand or using a stand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a floured work surface and divide into 6 pieces.
- Roll pieces into balls and allow them to rise at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan (non-stick) on medium-high heat.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough and roll it into oval sized pieces (roughly 8-10 inches long).
- Once 6 doughs are rolled out, transfer into the hot skillet one at a time. Let the dough cook for roughly 2 minutes until bubbles start to form at the top (or the top rises). Flip, and cook for another 2 minutes (or until the top rises).
- Remove from heat, immediately brush with butter and repeat.