Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat oven to 325 °F
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; refrigerate for another use or discard. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place.
- Return legs to the tucked position, if untucked.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Brush olive oil and the beer on the poultry.
- Combine garlic, herbs cumin, salt and pepper. Rub mixture outside and inside the turkey.
- Bake approximately 3 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 180 °F when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh and 165°F in the breast.
- Remove turkey from oven.
- Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.