60 minutes 20 - 30 minutes 16 persons
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl of electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce, dates and nuts mixing until blended. Gradually mix in flour mixture until well combined.
- Spray a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.