What’s the best way to stuff a turkey?
Since your preparation involves raw food ingredients, follow proper food safety and handling procedures to ensure a safe turkey every time.
To stuff your turkey:
- Prepare your stuffing just before you place it in the turkey.
- Use only cooked ingredients, including cooked meats and seafood and use pasteurized egg products.
- Ensure your turkey is completely thawed.
- Stuff your turkey just before roasting it.
- Lightly pack both neck and body cavities with ½ – ¾ cup of stuffing per pound of turkey.
Don’t stuff your turkey when cooking on an outdoor grill or water smoker or when using fast cook methods that cause the meat to be cooked before the stuffing is safe to eat.