How to Make a Turkey Lifter?
A lot of cooks experience a “Hmmmm… How do I do that?” moment when they are about to move a hot turkey from the roasting pan to the platter. A simple turkey lifter, made from a few lengths of kitchen twine, offers a simple solution. Just remember: No matter how simple and amazing the turkey lifter is, always be cautious when you handle hot food.
What do I need?
- One piece of kitchen twine 70 inches long
How do I make it?
- Tie the two ends of the twine together in a simple square knot, forming a circle. Pull on the twine to be sure the knot is tight.
- Tie a knot in the middle of the circle, creating a figure 8.
- Lay the turkey lifter in your roasting pan, on top of the rack on which you’ll cook your turkey.
- Once the turkey is done, lift it out of the tray by looping each circle around each end of the turkey and raising it onto the serving tray.