Prep: 1½ hours Cook: 4 hours Serves: 6-8 persons
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Start by making the sauce; in a pot sweat onions, garlic, and ginger in olive oil over low heat for approximately 8-10 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk to incorporate. Bring to boil, and then reduce to simmer. Simmer low and slow for up to 45 minutes until slightly thickened and reduced. Can be done up to 2 days ahead.
- Remove netting from turkey roast.
- Arrange prosciutto evenly on plastic wrap. Spread even layer of BBQ sauce, then place turkey roast.
- Carefully pull up plastic wrap to guide prosciutto around the roast to evenly cover. Spread on another layer on the outer side of the now wrapped roast.
- Cook on BBQ: keep one side of BBQ on medium/low heat and one side completely off. Place roast in foil tray and put on side of the BBQ that is turned off. Close BBQ and cook for 3.5-4 hours, checking every 30 minutes. If the roast is getting too dark, place some foil on top.
- Remove and rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Combine cornmeal, all purpose flour, salt and baking powder in one bowl. In a separate bowl, combine milk, melted butter, eggs, jalapeno and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Slowly combine wet bowl contents into dry bowl, without over mixing. Mix just to combine.
- Place mixture in loaf pan, or alternatively in muffin pans for individual portions. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400°f for 20 - 25 minutes, until toothpick is inserted and removed with no residue.
- Drizzle corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill on medium heat, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. Grill for up to 15 - 18 minutes until corn is tender and cooked through.
- Combine softened butter with sweet potato puree. Spread on corn. Sprinkle with chives.