20 Minutes 50 Minutes 4
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Position rack in center of oven, preheat to 350°F (176°C).
- Heat a heavy-bottom Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add bacon, sauté until crispy and golden brown, remove.
- Season turkey breast on both sides with salt and pepper, sauté until golden brown, transfer to the oven.
- Roast until an instant-read probe thermometer pushed into the thickest part of the turkey reads 165°F (74°C).
- Remove turkey and set aside, return to medium-high heat on the stove top, spoon off excess fat leaving 2 tablespoons.
- Add celery, onion, and thyme, season with salt and pepper, sauté until golden brown.
- Deglaze pan with white wine, sauté until almost dry, add chicken stock, potatoes, and bay leaves.
- Reduce temperature to simmer, cook until potatoes are tender, add cream.
- Slice the turkey into ½” (12mm) dice, add to the chowder, check seasoning, adjust with salt and pepper.