Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine softened butter with rosemary and thyme.
- Place frozen turkey breast (netting still on) on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub all over with the herb butter. Cook uncovered for 4 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF, basting occasionally.
- Make gravy. Melt the butter in a large, saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring frequently, until it turns a butterscotch colour.
- Whisk in the turkey stock in a slow stream. Be careful, it will bubble up quickly.
- Whisk in cream, cognac, pepper and soy sauce. Puree with an immersion blender. Add the remaining salt in pinches as needed.
- When the turkey is done, let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Just before serving, return the gravy to a simmer over low heat. Serve turkey with gravy on the side.