1 hour 15 minutes 6 People
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Mix truffle mayo ingredients well to combine, can be made 3 days in advance.
- Heat oil and butter over medium to medium/high heat. Add onions, salt, and pepper. Cook until onions shrink in size and begin to colour.
- Continue to cook for 45 minutes-1 hour over medium heat until deeply caramelized. Deglaze with sherry and set aside. Can be made a day in advance.
- Cook frozen burgers on grill as per package directions (approx. 5-7 minutes on medium heat, being careful not to cook outside too fast). Top the burgers with the Gruyere for the last 2 minutes to nicely melt.
- Cut buns and half. Grill on direct heat until nicely toasted.
- Evenly distribute truffle mayo on bottom buns.
- Top with Burgers and cheese, then ¼ cup of caramelized onions. Grate extra cheese on top, and then sprinkle on fresh chive. Enjoy!