15 minutes 50 minutes 4 people
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Wash and dry lettuce. Rip it into palm-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Slice coriander and scallions. Set aside.
In a bowl, add Chinese 5 spice, ground ginger, black pepper and salt. Mix well.
Preheat oven to 385°F (195°C).
- Remove Easy Fresh turkey from package and place it on a sheet pan.
- Rub turkey with vegetable oil followed by turkey rub mixture on both sides.
- Put turkey in oven and bake for 30 mins or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Broil turkey for 5 minutes on high to brown and crisp the skin. Remove turkey from oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Once turkey has rested, remove skin and cut into 1 x 1-inch pieces and set aside. For meat, shred and do a rough chop (about 1 x 1-inch pieces). Remove bone for other uses.
In a pan, add vegetable oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add carrots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add shallots to pan, followed by garlic, ginger and water chestnuts. Cook until vegetables are slightly soft.
Add diced turkey and 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce and stir. Remove from heat. Mix in coriander and scallions. Add to a serving plate.
In a small bowl, add 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce and bring it to serving table.
In a separate pan, add oil and turn heat to medium-high. Add cashews and sauté to brown all sides.
- Add salt. Adjust heat as needed. Remove and set aside.
Start by taking a piece of lettuce. Scoop in turkey mixture. Top it with cashews and turkey skin. Add more hoisin sauce, if desired.