30 minutes 10 minutes 6 persons
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Slice creminis and Portobellos. Tear shiitake and oysters by hand, removing stems.
- Arrange on cookie sheet, and toss in the salt and olive oil.
- Roast at 400°f for 10 minutes until moisture is cooked out of mushrooms and they are well roasted. Set aside and reserve for burger cooking below.
- Place all lemon aioli ingredients except for oil, lemon zest and sliced garlic in food processor. Blend well. Slowly add oil in slow, steady drizzle as to not break emulsion. Drizzle until all oil is incorporated and mixture is thick, white mayonnaise!
- Mix in sliced garlic and lemon zest. Set aside for later.
- Mix all turkey burger ingredients (except for the sliced onion and cheddar), making sure not to over mix. Divide meat mixture into 6, and then shape into balls.
- Place approximately 20g of cheddar cheese into center of meatballs. Enclose around the cheese well and flatten into ¾ inch patty.
- Toss onion slices on medium/high grill until charred on outside and deeply caramelized. Set aside.
- Grill burgers on medium/high heat for approx. 4-5 minutes per side. After first flip, top with ½ cup of mushroom mixture to allow them to heat as well, along with onions.
- Slice Burger buns in half and toast well. Place on aioli, arugula, burgers topped with mushrooms and onions. Enjoy!