25 minutes 2-4 Hours 6-8 people
Select the items you need and print a shopping list.
Thaw turkey according to directions on package or the Butterball website. This could take a couple of days depending on the size of the turkey.
- When ready to cook the turkey, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook Butterball stuffing according to cooking directions on package.
- Heat frying pan to medium heat. Add in pancetta cubes and let cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently so the fat begins to render, and the cubes get crisp.
- Place cooked Butterball stuffing into a medium-size bowl. Add chestnuts and crispy pancetta and mix well.
- Assemble turkey by gently pulling the skin up off the breast then place a slice of orange inside and push to the front of the bird. Repeat until there is a row of oranges slices. Add sage leaves and slices of garlic with oranges. Repeat another row of orange slices, sage and garlic until full.
- Stuff turkey with pancetta and chestnut stuffing. Before baking, rub the skin of the turkey in a mixture of kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper, and vegetable oil.
- Cook until meat thermometer reads internal temperature 180°F (82°C ) in thigh and 165°F (74°C) in center of the stuffing.