Easter might be a little different this year, but it doesn’t mean we can’t still celebrate (virtually) with family and friends! We’re serving up 5 tips and tricks to help you host the ultimate ‘virtual’ Easter dinner.
1) Send virtual invitations – Decide on a date and time for your celebration and send a virtual invitation. There are a lot of great websites with easy-to-use invitation templates that still look great – your friends and family will think you had them professionally designed!
Don’t forget to include the details for your video chat. Whether you’re using an online application or simply video chatting on your phone, it is important to make sure your friends and family can easily join the celebration.
2) Plan the menu – Since you’ll be cooking for a smaller group, it’s a good idea to cook items that make for easy leftovers. Potatoes, carrots, and stuffing are all sides that heat up well in the microwave.
When it comes to the main event, why not opt for a turkey roast? They go directly from the freezer to the oven, to the table – no thawing required. Now that’s easy!
3) Don’t forget to decorate – Now’s the time to set the table with linens, glassware, napkins and any festive décor you may have. Take a look around your house for leftover Easter decorations from a previous year or artificial flowers that would be perfect for this occasion. Adding these small details will make your celebration feel special.
4) Create a playlist – We all know the difference music can make at a party, even a virtual one! Add ambience to your Easter dinner with a curated playlist of your choice. Light and upbeat background music is a great way to set the mood and keep the party going while everyone is eating. Just be sure to keep an ear out on the volume throughout the celebration and adjust if it is impacting the quality of your call!
5) Take advantage of leftovers – One of the best parts about turkey is the leftovers! Use your leftover turkey to prepare quick, delicious and nutritious meals for the week ahead. From breakfast and protein-packed snacks to quick and easy lunch and dinners – there are hundreds of versatile ways to create meals for any occasion using those turkey leftovers. Check out our library of recipes to get inspired!
Happy virtual Easter!