|12||Bake/Roast||25 minutes||3+ hours||3+ hours|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine butter, herbs, zest, mustard,
salt and pepper in work bowl of blender or food processor;
cover. Process until well blended.
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of
turkey. Reserve giblets for stuffing recipe. Drain juices from
turkey and dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to
hold neck skin against back of turkey.
3. Remove butter mixture from blender. Carefully work fingers
under skin on breast of turkey. Place half the butter mixture
under breast area. Rub remaining butter mixture over breast
and legs of turkey.
4. Place turkey, breast side up, on a flat rack in a shallow baking
pan. Roast turkey approximately 1-1/2 hours. Then, cover
breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent
5. Roast turkey another 1-1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer
reaches 180°F; when inserted into the deepest part of the
6. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.