|14||Bake/Roast||40 minutes||2+ hours||3+ hours|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Crumble chorizo into large skillet. Cook on medium heat 5
minutes, or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Drain;
set aside. Wipe skillet with paper towels to remove grease.
3. Melt butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add onion, celery,
red pepper and jalapeno pepper. Cook and stir 7 minutes, or
until vegetables are tender. Stir in sage and thyme. Set aside.
4. Combine dry stuffing, chorizo and vegetable mixture in large
bowl. Stir in broth.
5. Combine chili powder, garlic salt, oregano and black pepper.
6. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of
turkey. Refrigerate for another use or discard.
7. Drain juices from turkey. Pat turkey dry with paper towels.
8. Fill neck cavity with part of the stuffing. Turn wings back to hold
neck skin against back of turkey. Fill body cavity with stuffing.
9. Place turkey, breast up, on flat roasting rack in shallow
roasting pan. Spray turkey with cooking spray. Sprinkle with
seasoning mixture. Place small pieces of aluminum foil over
skin of neck cavity and over stuffing at body cavity opening to
prevent over browning during baking.
10. Bake 4 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 165°F when
inserted in center of stuffing and 180°F when inserted in
thickest part of thigh. Cover breast and tops of drumsticks with
aluminum foil after 2-1/2 hours to prevent over cooking of