Wild Rice & Turkey Soup
1. Combine broth, wine and turkey in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Remove turkey from broth and cool slightly. Chop turkey into small pieces or shred.
3. While broth is simmering, sauté onion, celery and garlic in a frying pan.
4. Add rice, sautéed onion, celery, and garlic to broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Add shredded turkey and spices; cover and cook an additional 20 minutes until rice is tender.
Pumpkin Toffee Pie
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs, milk and cream until well blended.
3. Sprinkle toffee-flavored bits evenly onto bottom of pastry shell. Top with pumpkin mixture.
4. Bake 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with whipped cream, if desired.
Northwoods Maple-Mustard Turkey Sandwich
1. Combine syrup, oil, vinegar and salt until well blended. Add onions. Toss to coat. Cover. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to marinate, stirring occasionally. Drain onions; discard marinade.
2. Spread 4 of the bread slices with mustard. Cover with half of the cheese. Top with onions, turkey, remaining cheese and
remaining bread slices. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
3. Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 to 2 sandwiches at a time. Cover with lid. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.