Italian Saltimbocca Sandwich
1.Top 4 of the bread slices with cheese. Cover with arugula, prosciutto, turkey and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread slices.
2.Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
3.Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 to 2 sandwiches at a time. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
4. Top with whipped cream just before serving and sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
Turkey Stew in a Bread Bowl
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC)
2. Press 1 cup (250mL) each of moist stuffing onto the bottom and sides of 2 lightly greased oven proof soup bowls (stoneware). Brush the surface of each with 1 tablespoon (15ml) of melted butter or margarine. Bake for 20 minutes or until the surface has begun to form a golden crust. Remove from oven. Allow the dish to cool for at least 5 minutes.
3. In a pot, combine broth/gravy, potatoes, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook covered for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add a small amount of water to thin gravy if necessary. Add the cubed turkey and cook covered for an additional 5 minutes or until heated through. Salt and Pepper to taste.
4. If broth has been used and a thicker stew is desired, melt 2 tablespoons (30mL) of butter or margarine in a small sauce pan over med heat; add 1 tablespoon of flour, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Add some of the hot stew broth to the flour mixture then stir it all back into the stew, increasing the heat and stirring gently until the broth thickens to a gravy consistency.
5. Pour stew into prepared bread bowls.
6. Use caution and protect table surface as the bowls will be HOT.
Roast Turkey with Spicy Rub
1. Combine all ingredients except turkey and oil. Blend well. (May be prepared 2 to 3 days in advance. Store mixture in an airtight container at room temperature.)
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; refrigerate for another use or discard. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to the tucked position, if untucked. Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan.
3. Brush outside of the turkey with half of the oil; rub outside and inside cavity with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F.
5. Brush spiced turkey with remaining 3 tbsp. of oil. Bake approximately 3 hours*, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh. Remove turkey from oven.
6. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.