Sautéed Leek, Giblet and Whole Grain Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Place neck, heart, gizzard, water to cover, salt and pepper to taste in large saucepan. (Reserve the liver for later use or discard.) Bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover.
3. Simmer 1-1/2 hours, adding the liver, if desired, for the last 30 minutes of the cooking time. Strain stock; cover and refrigerate until ready to use in stuffing mixture. Remove meat from the neck; discard bones. Finely chop neck meat, heart, gizzard and liver, if using; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Cook bacon in a large saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, leaving bacon fat in pan. Drain bacon on paper toweling. Add butter to bacon fat.
5. Sauté leek, celery root and parsnips in bacon-butter mixture until tender-crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Combine cooked vegetables, breads, bulgur wheat, cooked giblets, parsley, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cooked bacon in large bowl. Gradually pour in chicken broth, mixing until all ingredients are moist.
7 Place mixture in well greased 4-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 °.
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers
1. Prepare grill according to package directions for turkey burgers.
2. Cook burgers according to package grilling directions to an internal temperature of 165°F. Place 2 slices of cheese on each burger during last minute of cooking. Remove burgers from grill; keep warm.
3. Spray pineapple slices with cooking spray. Grill 1 minute per side. Remove from grill.
4. Place rolls, cut side down on grill. Toast 30 to 60 seconds or until light golden brown. Remove from grill.
5. For each burger, spread 1 tablespoon Dijonnaise on each cut surface of roll. Place 1/4 cup lettuce on bottom half of roll. Top with 2 tablespoons onion, 1 cooked burger, 1 pineapple slice, and 3/4 ounces of the shaved ham. Drizzle ham with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce. Cover with top of roll. Repeat with reaminig ingredients.
Turkey Burgers with Buffalo Sauce
1. Preheat grill to medium direct heat.
2. Butter cut surfaces of buns. Toast, cut side down, on grill until light golden brown; set aside.
3. Grill turkey burgers according to package directions.
4. Divide shredded lettuce evenly over bottom of hamburger buns. Top each with tomato, turkey burger, Buffalo sauce and Blue cheese. Cover with top of bun and serve.