Turkey Burgers with Caramelized Onions
1. For Red Wine Caramelized Onions, heat oil in a 10-inch skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 12 to 15 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Stir in red wine, honey and Worcestershire. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Keep mixture warm while preparing burgers.
2. For Turkey Burgers, cook turkey burgers according to broiling package directions to an internal temperature of 165°F.
3. Butter cut surfaces of buns. Spread Dijonnaise over bottom half of buns. Top each with a tomato slice, turkey burger, 1 ounce of goat cheese and some of the onion mixture. Cover with top of bun and serve.
Chopped Turkey Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
1. For dressing, combine garlic, mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking until well blended. Stir in Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For salad, combine lettuce, turkey, cheese, proscuitto, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and basil in large bowl. Add ½ cup dressing; toss to coat. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Snap Green Beans with Walnuts
Trim the green beans, leave whole.
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the beans, bring the water back to a boil and cook for 4 minutes.
Drain and plunge beans into cold water. Drain well.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge till dinner.
Just before serving time, melt the butter and the honey in a medium skillet. Add the beans and the walnuts and sauté, until heated through. Toss with orange zest.
Cook the trimmed beans on high for 4 min.
Plunge into cold water. Continue to follow the recipe.