Canadian Whiskey Injected Marinade
1. Whisk the ingredients together and fill the flavour injector.
2. Insert the tip of the flavour injector a ½ inch into four different
places in the turkey breast and three different places in the
3. Sprinkle lemon-pepper and garlic powder over the skin.
4. Let sit for 1 to 3 hours in the fridge.
5. Roast turkey according to Butterball guidelines.
Roast Turkey with Cranberry Orange Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine marmalade, cranberry juice concentrate, maple syrup, vinegar and salt in small heavy saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently 12 to 15 minutes, or until glaze is reduced to about one cup.
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; discard or refrigerate for another use. Drain juices from turkey and pat dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
3. Place turkey, breast side up, on a flat roasting rack in a shallow pan. Brush turkey lightly with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Roast turkey for 2 hours. Cover breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent overcooking of breast.
4. Continue roasting turkey for another 45 minutes. Remove foil and brush generously with glaze. Return foil loosely to top of turkey. Cook for another 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F when inserted into the deepest part of the thigh.
5. Brush with remaining glaze. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
Tex Mex Turkey Skillet
1. Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir until rice turns light golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add salsa and broth; stir to mix. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
2. In a second skillet, heat the remaining 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables just start to brown on edges, adding corn after 3 minutes. Add turkey to vegetables and set aside until rice is done.
3. Stir vegetables and turkey into rice mixture. Continue heating 2 minutes or until turkey is hot. Sprinkle with cheese, cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
4. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.