Chopped Turkey Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
1. For dressing, combine garlic, mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking until well blended. Stir in Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For salad, combine lettuce, turkey, cheese, proscuitto, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and basil in large bowl. Add ½ cup dressing; toss to coat. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
1. Dice celery and green pepper into 1/2 inch (1cm) pieces and cut Butterball turkey leftovers into small cubes.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Place them in a greased baking dish.
3. In a non-stick skillet, melt butter and cook the vegetables until tender. Add flour and milk and cook stirring constantly until the sauce thickens. Add mozzarella cheese, seasonings and turkey cubes. Cook at low heat, stirring until cheese has melted.
4. Pour this sauce over the noodles. Mix well. Sprinkle parmesan cheese.
5. Bake in oven at 350ºF (180ºC), 10-12 minutes.
Roast Turkey with Spicy Rub
1. Combine all ingredients except turkey and oil. Blend well. (May be prepared 2 to 3 days in advance. Store mixture in an airtight container at room temperature.)
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; refrigerate for another use or discard. Turn wings back to hold neck skin in place. Return legs to the tucked position, if untucked. Place turkey, breast side up, on flat rack in shallow roasting pan.
3. Brush outside of the turkey with half of the oil; rub outside and inside cavity with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F.
5. Brush spiced turkey with remaining 3 tbsp. of oil. Bake approximately 3 hours*, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh. Remove turkey from oven.
6. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.