BLT Turkey Burger
1.Combine mayonnaise, honey, chipotle pepper sauce and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Prepare turkey burgers according to package directions for broiling.
3. When burgers are cooked, top each with 1 slice cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
4. Spread 1½ tsp. of the mayo mixture on top and bottom half of each roll. Layer each bottom half with ¼ cup shredded lettuce, 1 slice red onion and 1 slice tomato. Top with burger with melted cheese, 2 slices avocado and 2 turkey bacon pieces. Cover with top of roll.
Mango Fruit Salad
1. Whisk apricot preserves, lime peel and lime juice in medium
bowl until well blended. Add mangos, kiwis and blueberries;
2. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 450?F (230?C)
2. Measure out enough parchment paper to allow for overhang of a 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan. Scrunch the parchment paper under running water till wet. Squeeze out excess water and line pan. Add sweet potatoes and cranberries. Make sure the cranberries are evenly distributed.
3. Pour the orange juice over top and then drizzle with maple syrup. Make sure the maple syrup is evenly distributed.
4. Roast for 40 - 45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
5. Remove from pan and serve or refrigerate until next day**.
**To reheat the sweet potatoes after the turkey comes out of the oven and is taking Turkey Timeout*, increase oven temperature to 450?F (230?C). Reline the 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan with wet parchment paper (see above) and add the cooked sweet potatoes. Place in oven and reheat till hot (about 20 minutes). Each 1/2 cup (125 mL) serving contains:
75 Calories, 0 g Total fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 33 mg Sodium, 18 g CHO, 2.5 g Fiber, 1 g Protein
Makes 8 - 1/2 cup (125 mL) servings
*Turkey Timeout – the time a cooked turkey needs to sit after being removed from the oven to guarantee perfection in flavour, texture and carving.