West Coast Multigrain Dressing with Dried Fruit and Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, red pepper and garlic. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
3. Combine cooked vegetables, breads, apple, dried fruit, almonds, herbs, salt and pepper in large bowl. Pour chicken broth over the top and stir lightly until all ingredients are moist.
4. Place mixture in a greased 3-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for
another 15 to 20 minutes.
Quickie Sweet Potatoes
1. Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick them with a fork.
2. Microwave on high for approx. 10-12 minutes, depending on their size.
3. Once they are soft, let them rest in a bowl for 5 minutes.
4. This little sweet potato rest time makes it easy to skin them, which just happens to be the next step. Skin sweet potatoes.
5. Mash the sweet potatoes together with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the orange juice concentrate.
6. For a more intense orange flavour, add one more tablespoon (15 mL) of concentrate.
7. Each serving contains – 94 Calories, 1.5 g protein, 0.2 g fat, 1.4 g fibre, 10 mg sodium,
and 22 g carbohydrate.