Turkey Teriyaki Stir-fry
1. Combine broth and cornstarch until blended. Stir in teriyaki
sauce and sesame seeds. Set aside.
2. Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Add turkey strips and frozen vegetables. Cook and stir 6 minutes, or until vegetables are hot and crisp-tender.
3. Stir in teriyaki sauce mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
4. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Adirondack Applesauce and Date Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350¡F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl of electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce, dates and nuts mixing until blended. Gradually mix in flour mixture until well combined.
4. Spray a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Creamy Broccoli with Turkey Bacon
1. Place broccoli, ½ cup water and salt in saucepan; cover. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain; keep warm.
2. Place cream cheese and milk in same saucepan on medium heat. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in mustard and turkey bacon; cook 1 minute.
3. Add broccoli; mix lightly. Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with sunflower kernels.