Bourbon and Cola Marinated Turkey
1. Combine all ingredients except turkey in non-reactive container large enough to hold turkey. Remove turkey from packaging; drain. Remove neck and giblets; refrigerate for another use or discard. Place turkey in marinade. Cover container. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, turning turkey over occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove turkey from marinade; drain; pat dry. Discard marinade. Place turkey on a flat rack in a shallow roasting pan, 2 to 2-1/2-inches deep. Tuck wings back to hold neck skin in place and stabilize the turkey in the pan and when carving. Brush lightly with vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray to prevent skin from drying. Insert oven-safe thermometer deep into the lower thigh muscle but not touching the bone.
3. Bake 3 to 3-1/2 hours. When the turkey is about 2/3 done, cover the breast and top of thighs lightly with aluminum foil to prevent overcooking. Check for doneness about 30 minutes before end of recommended cooking time. Turkey is done when thigh reaches 180°F and juices run clear.
4. Remove the turkey from the roasting pan. Let rest 15 minutes to allow juices to set before carving.
Asiago Whipped Potatoes with Bacon Style Turkey
1. Place potatoes in a pot with cold water about 1 inch over top of potatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in small skillet on medium heat. Cook and stir leek 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, but not brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Drain potatoes, reserving cooking liquid. Add grated cheese, butter and cooked leek to potatoes. Mash with a potato masher until fairly smooth, adding ½ to ¾ cup of the reserved cooking liquid. While mashing, add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the crisp turkey bacon.
Turkey Chop Suey
1. Rinse bean sprouts with cold water.
2. In a large frying pan combine celery and onion with a little broth; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, bean sprouts and turkey. Add remaining liquid and soya sauce.
3. Cook until turkey is thoroughly heated (2 to 5 minutes).