Pumpkin Pie Sundaes
1. Crumble pumpkin pie into large mixing bowl. Stir to combine pie filling and crust.
2. For each sundae, place 2 large (2-inch diameter) scoops pie mixture in a dessert dish. Top with 1 scoop ice cream, 2 tbsp. whipped cream, 3 pecan halves and 2 tbsp chocolate chips.
Roasted Butternut Squash
1. Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C).
2. Measure out enough parchment paper to allow for overhang of a 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan. Scrunch the parchment paper under running water till wet. Squeeze out excess water and line pan.
3. Peel squash. Scrape out membrane and seeds. Cut into 1/2 –inch (1 cm) cubes.
4. Place in a medium bowl. Pour oil over top and toss to coat.
5. Pour into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with pepper.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until soft.
7. Remove from pan and serve or refrigerate until next day**.
Make this 1-2 days ahead: Do steps 1 – 4. Step 5 - Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until just soft. Remove, cool, and then carefully remove semi-cooked squash to a clean container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
**To reheat the squash after the turkey comes out of the oven and is taking Turkey Timeout*, increase oven temperature to 450F (230 C). Reline the 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan with wet parchment paper (see above) and add the cooked squash. Place in oven and reheat till hot (about 20 minutes).
Makes 8 – 1/2 cup (125 mL) servings
*Turkey Timeout – the time a cooked turkey needs to sit after being removed from the oven to guarantee perfection in flavour, texture and carving.
Turkey Burgers with Caramelized Onions
1. For Red Wine Caramelized Onions, heat oil in a 10-inch skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 12 to 15 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Stir in red wine, honey and Worcestershire. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Keep mixture warm while preparing burgers.
2. For Turkey Burgers, cook turkey burgers according to broiling package directions to an internal temperature of 165°F.
3. Butter cut surfaces of buns. Spread Dijonnaise over bottom half of buns. Top each with a tomato slice, turkey burger, 1 ounce of goat cheese and some of the onion mixture. Cover with top of bun and serve.