Cajun Rub for Thanksgiving Turkey
1. Mix spices with Canola oil.
2. Rub into the turkey skin.
3. Roast turkey according to Butterball guidelines.
Optional Stuffing: Sauté 1 chopped onion, 2 stalks chopped celery and 1 chopped green pepper in 3 tbs. Canola oil. Add 1½ cups cubed bread. Sprinkle with ½ tsp. each ground oregano, paprika, thyme and pepper.
Colourful Pasta Salad
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place in large bowl.
2.Add turkey, cheese, zucchini, bell peppers, olives and basil; mix lightly. Add 1/2 cup of the dressing; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup dressing just before serving.
Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. For Streusel, combine flour, 6 tbsp. of the light brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Gradually stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
3. For Filling, roll pie crust on lightly floured surface to an 11-inch diameter circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold excess crust at edge under. Press dough together on rim to form a thick crust edge. Form a decorative edge using fingers, fork or other utensil.
4. Combine apples, cranberry sauce, remaining ¾ cup light brown sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with Streusel.
5. Bake about 1 hour, or until apples are tender. Serve warm.