Turkey with Chorizo Cornbread Stuffing
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Crumble chorizo into large skillet. Cook on medium heat 5 minutes, or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Drain; set aside. Wipe skillet with paper towels to remove grease.
3. Melt butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add onion, celery,
red pepper and jalapeno pepper. Cook and stir 7 minutes, or
until vegetables are tender. Stir in sage and thyme. Set aside.
4. Combine dry stuffing, chorizo and vegetable mixture in large bowl. Stir in broth.
5. Combine chili powder, garlic salt, oregano and black pepper.
6. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey. Refrigerate for another use or discard.
7. Drain juices from turkey. Pat turkey dry with paper towels.
8. Fill neck cavity with part of the stuffing. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey. Fill body cavity with stuffing.
9. Place turkey, breast up, on flat roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Spray turkey with cooking spray. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Place small pieces of aluminum foil over
skin of neck cavity and over stuffing at body cavity opening to
prevent over browning during baking.
10. Bake 4 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 165°F when
inserted in center of stuffing and 180°F when inserted in
thickest part of thigh. Cover breast and tops of drumsticks with aluminum foil after 2-1/2 hours to prevent over cooking of breast.
Zucchini and Black Beans with Chipotle Peppers
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in zucchini, beans and chipotle peppers. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook 5 to 8 minutes or
until zucchini is tender. Stir in salsa. Heat 1 minute.
3. Spoon mixture into serving dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Turkey Broccoli and Rice Bake
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Rinse and pat dry turkey. Quickly brown turkey. Remove from skillet. Add broccoli and onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Evenly spread turkey mixture in a well sprayed 13×9x2-inch baking pan. Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
3. Combine broth, condensed soup, mustard, and paprika in same skillet. Heat until hot and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in rice. Pour mixture over cheese. Stir rice mixture into turkey mixture until well blended. Cover pan with aluminum foil. Bake 25 minutes.
4. Remove cover and stir gently. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.