Tropical Pumpkin Pie
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Stir in coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, combine pineapple and cornstarch in small microwaveable bowl or measuring cup until well blended. Microwave on High 1 minute, or until thickened and bubbly, stirring after 30 seconds. Cover; refrigerate while pie is cooling.
5. Spoon evenly onto center of cooled pie, leaving some pumpkin around edge visible. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with a serving of whipped topping, just before serving.
Adirondack Applesauce and Date Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350¡F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl of electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce, dates and nuts mixing until blended. Gradually mix in flour mixture until well combined.
4. Spray a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Southern Pecan Pie with Toffee Crunch
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Fold edge under and flute edge.
2. Combine corn syrup, eggs, pecans, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Toss 2/3 cup of toffee pieces with flour and stir into pecan mixture. Pour entire mixture into pie pastry.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup of toffee pieces over the top. Cool completely before serving.