Sautéed Leek, Giblet and Whole Grain Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
2. Place neck, heart, gizzard, water to cover, salt and pepper to taste in large saucepan. (Reserve the liver for later use or discard.) Bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover.
3. Simmer 1-1/2 hours, adding the liver, if desired, for the last 30 minutes of the cooking time. Strain stock; cover and refrigerate until ready to use in stuffing mixture. Remove meat from the neck; discard bones. Finely chop neck meat, heart, gizzard and liver, if using; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Cook bacon in a large saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, leaving bacon fat in pan. Drain bacon on paper toweling. Add butter to bacon fat.
5. Sauté leek, celery root and parsnips in bacon-butter mixture until tender-crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes.
6. Combine cooked vegetables, breads, bulgur wheat, cooked giblets, parsley, herbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and cooked bacon in large bowl. Gradually pour in chicken broth, mixing until all ingredients are moist.
7 Place mixture in well greased 4-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 °.
1. Cook bacon until crisp and brown, drain well on paper towels.
2. On one slice of toasted and buttered bread, layer bacon and sliced Butterball Turkey Breast and cheese slice.
3. Spread the next slice of bread with spicy mayonnaise and lay on top.
4. Layer tomato and lettuce and top sandwich with last slice of buttered and toasted bread.
5. Slice sandwich diagonally and insert cocktail toothpicks into each half.
6. Garnish with orange slices for breakfast and a glass of orange juice.
7. Garnish with pickles if serving for lunch and serve with a bowl of soup and/or potato salad. A family favorite.
Creamy Broccoli with Turkey Bacon
1. Place broccoli, ½ cup water and salt in saucepan; cover. Bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain; keep warm.
2. Place cream cheese and milk in same saucepan on medium heat. Cook and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in mustard and turkey bacon; cook 1 minute.
3. Add broccoli; mix lightly. Spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with sunflower kernels.