Snap Green Beans with Walnuts
1. Trim the green beans, leave whole.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the beans, bring the water back to a boil and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Drain and plunge beans into cold water. Drain well.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge till dinner.
5. Just before serving time, melt the butter and the honey in a medium skillet. Add the beans and the walnuts and sauté, until heated through. Toss with orange zest.
1. Cook the trimmed beans on high for 4 min.
2. Plunge into cold water. Continue to follow the recipe.
Gravy without Pan Drippings
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour. Heat and stir until light brown.
2. Remove from heat. Gradually blend in chicken broth until smooth.
3. Return saucepan to heat. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
Turkey and Roasted Pepper Quesadillas
1. Place equal amounts of turkey, cheese, roasted peppers, and parsley on each of 2 tortillas. Top each with another tortilla.
2. Place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
Add olive oil. Tilt skillet to coat bottom. Carefully add the tortillas. Cook 3 minutes on each side, pressing down on top with a spatula, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden.
3. Remove from pan and cut into wedges.