Heartland Vegetable Medley
1. Place squash in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain squash; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add broccoli, peppers and onion. Cook and stir vegetables for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are crisp-tender. Add squash, vinaigrette; heat through.
3. Place vegetables in a shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the vegetables. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle top with crushed crackers.
El Paso Turkey Quiche
1. For Salsa, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving
2. For Quiche, preheat oven to 375°F. Cook and stir onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic in butter in medium skillet on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown. Place mixture on a plate; cover with plastic wrap. Put in freezer until completely cooled.
3. Spread cheese evenly on bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with onion mixture.
4. Combine eggs, milk, turkey, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
5. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with Salsa.
NOTE: For a spicier version of the Quiche, use 2 jalapeno peppers.
Sautéed Green Beans with Crunchy Almonds
1. Toast almonds in heavy skillet on medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool completely before using.
2. Meanwhile, place green beans in large saucepan with water to cover. Heat on medium-high heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness. Drain beans. Immerse in ice water 5 minutes to stop further cooking. Drain and pat dry. Place beans in re-sealable plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled.
3. Heat butter and oil in large skillet on medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in green beans. Cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until beans are light golden brown. Stir in almonds and parsley. Heat through and serve.