Hearty Turkey Pie
Prepare Tenderflake pie shells according to package directions for a double crust pie.
Simmer vegetables in boiling stock for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving vegetables and stock.
In same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour; cook, stirring 1 minute. Whisk in stock, milk and wine. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring, 2 minutes.
Stir in BUTTERBALL turkey, vegetables, tarragon, salt and pepper. Let cool.
Place 1 pie shell on baking sheet; spoon in turkey mixture. Cover with second pie shell; seal and flute edge. Cut steam vents on top. Bake at 425 F (220C) for 10 minues. Reduce heat to 350F (180C) and continue baking 35 minutes until golden.
TIP For golden glazed pie crust, brush with lightly beaten egg before baking
Turkey Frittata with Tomato Salsa
1. Whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper until well blended. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add potatoes. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned on both sides, turning after 5 minutes.
3. Stir in turkey and onions. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook 3 minutes; stir.
4. Pour egg mixture over potato mixture; cover. Cook 10 minutes, or until eggs are set, carefully lifting edge with spatula and tilting skillet as necessary to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath.
5. Sprinkle with cheese; cover. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-low heat. Continue cooking until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes. Crush tomatoes with potato masher or slotted spatula.
7. Cut frittata into wedges. Serve with the salsa.
Quickie Sweet Potatoes
Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick them with a fork.
Microwave on high for approx. 10-12 minutes, depending on their size.
Once they are soft, let them rest in a bowl for 5 minutes.
This little sweet potato rest time makes it easy to skin them, which just happens to be the next step. Skin sweet potatoes.
Mash the sweet potatoes together with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the orange juice concentrate.
For a more intense orange flavour, add one more tablespoon (15 mL) of concentrate.
Each serving contains – 94 Calories, 1.5 g protein, 0.2 g fat, 1.4 g fibre, 10 mg sodium,
and 22 g carbohydrate.