Citrus Mustard Basted Turkey
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine butter, herbs, zest, mustard,
salt and pepper in work bowl of blender or food processor;
cover. Process until well blended.
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of
turkey. Reserve giblets for stuffing recipe. Drain juices from turkey and dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
3. Remove butter mixture from blender. Carefully work fingers under skin on breast of turkey. Place half the butter mixture under breast area. Rub remaining butter mixture over breast
and legs of turkey.
4. Place turkey, breast side up, on a flat rack in a shallow baking pan. Roast turkey approximately 1-1/2 hours. Then, cover
breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning.
5. Roast turkey another 1-1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F; when inserted into the deepest part of the
6. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
Turkey Tortilla Pizzas
1. Preheat oven 375°F.
2. Combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, and cayenne in a medium bowl; mix well. Add the turkey strips; toss to coat. Drizzle 1 tbsp. of the olive oil evenly over all; set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. of the olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the pepper strips and onion and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add the turkey mixture; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
4. Brush the tortillas lightly on one side with the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil. Place the tortillas, oil-side up, on baking sheets. Bake until just beginning to crisp, about 5 minutes.
5.Remove the tortillas from the oven and sprinkle evenly with the cheese. Arrange equal amounts of the turkey mixture over each tortilla. Top with equal amounts of the tomatoes and cilantro.
6. Bake 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tops are beginning to brown lightly. Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges.
El Paso Turkey Quiche
1. For Salsa, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving
2. For Quiche, preheat oven to 375°F. Cook and stir onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic in butter in medium skillet on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown. Place mixture on a plate; cover with plastic wrap. Put in freezer until completely cooled.
3. Spread cheese evenly on bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with onion mixture.
4. Combine eggs, milk, turkey, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
5. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with Salsa.
NOTE: For a spicier version of the Quiche, use 2 jalapeno peppers.