Migas with Bacon Style Turkey
1. Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Cook and stir onions and peppers 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Reduce heat; add eggs and chili powder. Scramble eggs until large clumps start to form. Add the cheese and bacon; cook until cheese is melted.
3. Fold in the tortilla chips. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Serve with salsa
Quick and Easy Tropical Turkey
1. In a large saucepan whisk gravy mix into water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
2. Stir in ginger root, cinnamon, carrots, onion, broccoli and turkey; return to boil.
3. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in banana.
4. Serve over rice; sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
TIP Substitute 1 tsp (5ml) ground ginger for fresh ginger root.
Southern Pecan Pie with Toffee Crunch
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Fold edge under and flute edge.
2. Combine corn syrup, eggs, pecans, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Toss 2/3 cup of toffee pieces with flour and stir into pecan mixture. Pour entire mixture into pie pastry.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup of toffee pieces over the top. Cool completely before serving.