Sautéed Green Beans with Crunchy Almonds
1. Toast almonds in heavy skillet on medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool completely before using.
2. Meanwhile, place green beans in large saucepan with water to cover. Heat on medium-high heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness. Drain beans. Immerse in ice water 5 minutes to stop further cooking. Drain and pat dry. Place beans in re-sealable plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled.
3. Heat butter and oil in large skillet on medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in green beans. Cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until beans are light golden brown. Stir in almonds and parsley. Heat through and serve.
Snap Green Beans with Walnuts
1. Trim the green beans, leave whole.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the beans, bring the water back to a boil and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Drain and plunge beans into cold water. Drain well.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge till dinner.
5. Just before serving time, melt the butter and the honey in a medium skillet. Add the beans and the walnuts and sauté, until heated through. Toss with orange zest.
1. Cook the trimmed beans on high for 4 min.
2. Plunge into cold water. Continue to follow the recipe.
Pumpkin Pie Sundaes
1. Crumble pumpkin pie into large mixing bowl. Stir to combine pie filling and crust.
2. For each sundae, place 2 large (2-inch diameter) scoops pie mixture in a dessert dish. Top with 1 scoop ice cream, 2 tbsp. whipped cream, 3 pecan halves and 2 tbsp chocolate chips.