Sautéed Green Beans with Crunchy Almonds
1. Toast almonds in heavy skillet on medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool completely before using.
2. Meanwhile, place green beans in large saucepan with water to cover. Heat on medium-high heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness. Drain beans. Immerse in ice water 5 minutes to stop further cooking. Drain and pat dry. Place beans in re-sealable plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled.
3. Heat butter and oil in large skillet on medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in green beans. Cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until beans are light golden brown. Stir in almonds and parsley. Heat through and serve.
Adirondack Applesauce and Date Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350¡F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl of electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce, dates and nuts mixing until blended. Gradually mix in flour mixture until well combined.
4. Spray a 9-inch x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Pumpkin Toffee Pie
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs, milk and cream until well blended.
3. Sprinkle toffee-flavored bits evenly onto bottom of pastry shell. Top with pumpkin mixture.
4. Bake 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with whipped cream, if desired.