Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
1. Sprinkle gelatin over water in small saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir on low heat until gelatin dissolves.
2. Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in gelatin mixture. Let cool 10 minutes. Gently stir in whipped cream.
3. Pour mixture into crust. Chill at least 3 hours, or until set.
4. Cut pie into 10 slices.
El Paso Turkey Quiche
1. For Salsa, combine all ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours before serving
2. For Quiche, preheat oven to 375°F. Cook and stir onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic in butter in medium skillet on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown. Place mixture on a plate; cover with plastic wrap. Put in freezer until completely cooled.
3. Spread cheese evenly on bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with onion mixture.
4. Combine eggs, milk, turkey, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
5. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with Salsa.
NOTE: For a spicier version of the Quiche, use 2 jalapeno peppers.
Roast Turkey with Cranberry Orange Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine marmalade, cranberry juice concentrate, maple syrup, vinegar and salt in small heavy saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently 12 to 15 minutes, or until glaze is reduced to about one cup.
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; discard or refrigerate for another use. Drain juices from turkey and pat dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
3. Place turkey, breast side up, on a flat roasting rack in a shallow pan. Brush turkey lightly with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Roast turkey for 2 hours. Cover breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent overcooking of breast.
4. Continue roasting turkey for another 45 minutes. Remove foil and brush generously with glaze. Return foil loosely to top of turkey. Cook for another 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F when inserted into the deepest part of the thigh.
5. Brush with remaining glaze. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.