Cranberry Pumpkin Crumble Cheesecake Squares
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides of pan.
2. For crust, combine crumbs, nuts, sugar, butter and cinnamon; mix well. Firmly press 3 cups of mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan. Set aside remaining 1 cup while preparing cheesecake.
3. For cheesecake, mix cream cheese, sugar and flour in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until blended, about 2 minutes. While mixing, add sour cream, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until just blended. Fold in cranberries. Pour cheesecake batter over crust.
4. Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over top of cheesecake. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Lift cheesecake from pan, using foil edges. Cut into 16 pieces. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Quickie Sweet Potatoes
Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick them with a fork.
Microwave on high for approx. 10-12 minutes, depending on their size.
Once they are soft, let them rest in a bowl for 5 minutes.
This little sweet potato rest time makes it easy to skin them, which just happens to be the next step. Skin sweet potatoes.
Mash the sweet potatoes together with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the orange juice concentrate.
For a more intense orange flavour, add one more tablespoon (15 mL) of concentrate.
Each serving contains – 94 Calories, 1.5 g protein, 0.2 g fat, 1.4 g fibre, 10 mg sodium,
and 22 g carbohydrate.
West Coast Multigrain Dressing with Dried Fruit and Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, red pepper and garlic. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
3. Combine cooked vegetables, breads, apple, dried fruit, almonds, herbs, salt and pepper in large bowl. Pour chicken broth over the top and stir lightly until all ingredients are moist.
4. Place mixture in a greased 3-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for
another 15 to 20 minutes.