Savoury Turkey Brine
1. The night before roasting, remove giblets and turkey neck; rinse turkey inside and out.
2. Mix water with remaining ingredients until all the salt is dissolved.
3. Place turkey in brining bag or container, breast side down. Add brine recipe. Seal and/or cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
4. Remove turkey from the brine, rinse well. Follow package directions for roasting turkey.
Note: Butterball turkeys are pre-brined and should not be brined again.
Chopped Turkey Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
1. For dressing, combine garlic, mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking until well blended. Stir in Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For salad, combine lettuce, turkey, cheese, proscuitto, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and basil in large bowl. Add ½ cup dressing; toss to coat. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Easy No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
1. Sprinkle gelatin over water in small saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Cook and stir on low heat until gelatin dissolves.
2. Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in gelatin mixture. Let cool 10 minutes. Gently stir in whipped cream.
3. Pour mixture into crust. Chill at least 3 hours, or until set.
4. Cut pie into 10 slices.