Asiago Whipped Potatoes with Bacon Style Turkey
1. Place potatoes in a pot with cold water about 1 inch over top of potatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in small skillet on medium heat. Cook and stir leek 2 to 3 minutes or until tender, but not brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Drain potatoes, reserving cooking liquid. Add grated cheese, butter and cooked leek to potatoes. Mash with a potato masher until fairly smooth, adding ½ to ¾ cup of the reserved cooking liquid. While mashing, add salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the crisp turkey bacon.
Chopped Turkey Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
1. For dressing, combine garlic, mustard and vinegar in small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking until well blended. Stir in Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. For salad, combine lettuce, turkey, cheese, proscuitto, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and basil in large bowl. Add ½ cup dressing; toss to coat. Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Savoury Turkey Brine
1. The night before roasting, remove giblets and turkey neck; rinse turkey inside and out.
2. Mix water with remaining ingredients until all the salt is dissolved.
3. Place turkey in brining bag or container, breast side down. Add brine recipe. Seal and/or cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
4. Remove turkey from the brine, rinse well. Follow package directions for roasting turkey.
Note: Butterball turkeys are pre-brined and should not be brined again.