Turkey, Brie and Cranberry Apple Panini
1. Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter.
2. Spread other side of one slice of bread with cranberry chutney; spread other side of second slice with Dijonnaise.
3. Layer turkey, Brie, apple slices and spinach over chutney. Cover with second slice of bread, Dijonnaise facing spinach.
4. Grill sandwich in heated panini grill 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut sandwich in half and serve.
Quickie Sweet Potatoes
Scrub the sweet potatoes and prick them with a fork.
Microwave on high for approx. 10-12 minutes, depending on their size.
Once they are soft, let them rest in a bowl for 5 minutes.
This little sweet potato rest time makes it easy to skin them, which just happens to be the next step. Skin sweet potatoes.
Mash the sweet potatoes together with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the orange juice concentrate.
For a more intense orange flavour, add one more tablespoon (15 mL) of concentrate.
Each serving contains – 94 Calories, 1.5 g protein, 0.2 g fat, 1.4 g fibre, 10 mg sodium,
and 22 g carbohydrate.
Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. For Streusel, combine flour, 6 tbsp. of the light brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Gradually stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
3. For Filling, roll pie crust on lightly floured surface to an 11-inch diameter circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold excess crust at edge under. Press dough together on rim to form a thick crust edge. Form a decorative edge using fingers, fork or other utensil.
4. Combine apples, cranberry sauce, remaining ¾ cup light brown sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with Streusel.
5. Bake about 1 hour, or until apples are tender. Serve warm.