Gravy without Pan Drippings
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour. Heat and stir until light brown.
2. Remove from heat. Gradually blend in chicken broth until smooth.
3. Return saucepan to heat. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
Heartland Vegetable Medley
1. Place squash in medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Drain squash; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high. Add broccoli, peppers and onion. Cook and stir vegetables for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are crisp-tender. Add squash, vinaigrette; heat through.
3. Place vegetables in a shallow serving bowl. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the vegetables. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle top with crushed crackers.