Pumpkin Black Bean Turkey Chili
1. Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, bell
peppers, jalapeno pepper and garlic. Cook and stir 8 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin and
oregano. Cook and stir 1 minute.
2. Add broth, beans, turkey, pumpkin, tomatoes with their liquid, sherry, salt and black pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1. Combine cabbage, carrot, pepper and onion in medium bowl.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together sugar, vinegar and oil. Stir in spices until well combined.
3. Add oil mixture to vegetable mixture; toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
Praline Topped Apple Cranberry Bread Pudding
1. For Bread Pudding, combine apples, dried cranberries, 2 tbsp. of the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, remaining ½ cup granulated sugar and 1 cup of the brown sugar in a separate medium bowl. Beat at high speed with a hand mixer 3 minutes; reduce speed to low. Gradually mix in half and half, vanilla, orange peel and salt.
3. Place bread cubes in large bowl. Stir apple mixture into bread cubes, blending well. Pour beaten egg mixture over bread mixture; mix well.
4. Pour bread mixture into greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Combine butter, remaining 1 cup brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl.
7. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover. Sprinkle nut mixture over top of bread pudding.
8. Bake pudding 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Serve with Butter Rum Sauce, if desired.