Savoury Turkey Brine
1. The night before roasting, remove giblets and turkey neck; rinse turkey inside and out.
2. Mix water with remaining ingredients until all the salt is dissolved.
3. Place turkey in brining bag or container, breast side down. Add brine recipe. Seal and/or cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.
4. Remove turkey from the brine, rinse well. Follow package directions for roasting turkey.
Note: Butterball turkeys are pre-brined and should not be brined again.
Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. For Streusel, combine flour, 6 tbsp. of the light brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Gradually stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
3. For Filling, roll pie crust on lightly floured surface to an 11-inch diameter circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold excess crust at edge under. Press dough together on rim to form a thick crust edge. Form a decorative edge using fingers, fork or other utensil.
4. Combine apples, cranberry sauce, remaining ¾ cup light brown sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with Streusel.
5. Bake about 1 hour, or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Praline Topped Apple Cranberry Bread Pudding
1. For Bread Pudding, combine apples, dried cranberries, 2 tbsp. of the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, remaining ½ cup granulated sugar and 1 cup of the brown sugar in a separate medium bowl. Beat at high speed with a hand mixer 3 minutes; reduce speed to low. Gradually mix in half and half, vanilla, orange peel and salt.
3. Place bread cubes in large bowl. Stir apple mixture into bread cubes, blending well. Pour beaten egg mixture over bread mixture; mix well.
4. Pour bread mixture into greased 13×9-inch baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F.
6. Combine butter, remaining 1 cup brown sugar and pecans in a small bowl.
7. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover. Sprinkle nut mixture over top of bread pudding.
8. Bake pudding 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Serve with Butter Rum Sauce, if desired.