Pumpkin Black Bean Turkey Chili
1. Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, bell
peppers, jalapeno pepper and garlic. Cook and stir 8 minutes, or until onion is tender. Stir in chili powder, cumin and
oregano. Cook and stir 1 minute.
2. Add broth, beans, turkey, pumpkin, tomatoes with their liquid, sherry, salt and black pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
BLT Turkey Burger
1.Combine mayonnaise, honey, chipotle pepper sauce and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Prepare turkey burgers according to package directions for broiling.
3. When burgers are cooked, top each with 1 slice cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
4. Spread 1½ tsp. of the mayo mixture on top and bottom half of each roll. Layer each bottom half with ¼ cup shredded lettuce, 1 slice red onion and 1 slice tomato. Top with burger with melted cheese, 2 slices avocado and 2 turkey bacon pieces. Cover with top of roll.
Cook bacon until crisp and brown, drain well on paper towels. On one slice of toasted and buttered bread, layer bacon and sliced Butterball Turkey Breast and cheese slice. Spread the next slice of bread with spicy mayonnaise and lay on top. Layer tomato and lettuce and top sandwich with last slice of buttered and toasted bread. Slice sandwich diagonally and insert cocktail toothpicks into each half. Garnish with orange slices for breakfast and a glass of orange juice. Garnish with pickles if serving for lunch and serve with a bowl of soup and/or potato salad. A family favorite.