Southern Pecan Pie with Toffee Crunch
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle on lightly floured surface. Fit into 9-inch pie plate. Fold edge under and flute edge.
2. Combine corn syrup, eggs, pecans, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Toss 2/3 cup of toffee pieces with flour and stir into pecan mixture. Pour entire mixture into pie pastry.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pie from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup of toffee pieces over the top. Cool completely before serving.
Snap Green Beans with Walnuts
1. Trim the green beans, leave whole.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the beans, bring the water back to a boil and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Drain and plunge beans into cold water. Drain well.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge till dinner.
5. Just before serving time, melt the butter and the honey in a medium skillet. Add the beans and the walnuts and sauté, until heated through. Toss with orange zest.
1. Cook the trimmed beans on high for 4 min.
2. Plunge into cold water. Continue to follow the recipe.
Roman Turkey Burgers
1. Prepare turkey burgers according to package directions for grilling.
2. Meanwhile combine mayonnaise, sun dried tomatoes and reserved oil; set aside.
3. Grill portobello caps 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Cut each into 6 wedges.
4. Combine arugula and red wine vinaigrette.
5. Spread cut sides of each roll with 1 tbsp. mayonnaise mixture. Place ? cup arugula mixture on bottom half of roll. Cover with 3 pieces of the portobello mushroom. Top with 1 cooked turkey burger, 2 slices cheese and top of roll.