Wild Rice & Turkey Soup
1. Combine broth, wine and turkey in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Remove turkey from broth and cool slightly. Chop turkey into small pieces or shred.
3. While broth is simmering, sauté onion, celery and garlic in a frying pan.
4. Add rice, sautéed onion, celery, and garlic to broth. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
5. Add shredded turkey and spices; cover and cook an additional 20 minutes until rice is tender.
Sautéed Green Beans with Crunchy Almonds
1. Toast almonds in heavy skillet on medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are lightly browned. Remove from heat and cool completely before using.
2. Meanwhile, place green beans in large saucepan with water to cover. Heat on medium-high heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness. Drain beans. Immerse in ice water 5 minutes to stop further cooking. Drain and pat dry. Place beans in re-sealable plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until thoroughly chilled.
3. Heat butter and oil in large skillet on medium heat until butter is melted. Stir in green beans. Cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until beans are light golden brown. Stir in almonds and parsley. Heat through and serve.
1. Cook bacon until crisp and brown, drain well on paper towels.
2. On one slice of toasted and buttered bread, layer bacon and sliced Butterball Turkey Breast and cheese slice.
3. Spread the next slice of bread with spicy mayonnaise and lay on top.
4. Layer tomato and lettuce and top sandwich with last slice of buttered and toasted bread.
5. Slice sandwich diagonally and insert cocktail toothpicks into each half.
6. Garnish with orange slices for breakfast and a glass of orange juice.
7. Garnish with pickles if serving for lunch and serve with a bowl of soup and/or potato salad. A family favorite.