Snap Green Beans with Walnuts
1. Trim the green beans, leave whole.
2. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the beans, bring the water back to a boil and cook for 4 minutes.
3. Drain and plunge beans into cold water. Drain well.
4. Store in an airtight container in the fridge till dinner.
5. Just before serving time, melt the butter and the honey in a medium skillet. Add the beans and the walnuts and sauté, until heated through. Toss with orange zest.
1. Cook the trimmed beans on high for 4 min.
2. Plunge into cold water. Continue to follow the recipe.
Turkey Pretzel Roll-up
1. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each turkey slice.
2. Sprinkle each turkey slice with 1 teaspoon each sunflower kernels and celery.
3. Place 1 pretzel rod at bottom edge of each turkey slice; roll up around pretzel.
4. Serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Louisiana BBQ Shrimp
1.Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a 3-quart heavy saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook and stir 1 minute.
2.Stir in beer, green onions and seasonings. Cover pan and bring to boiling.
3.Add shrimp; return to boiling, stirring occasionally. Immediately remove shrimp from liquid. Place shrimp in a warm serving bowl.
4.Continue boiling cooking liquid until it is reduced by 25%, about 10 minutes.
5.Stir cream into liquid; return to boiling. Remove pan from heat.
Blend in remaining 1/4 cup butter and parsley. Pour hot liquid over shrimp and serve.