Artichoke Turkey Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Place crust on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Top with artichokes, tomatoes,turkey and olives. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
4. Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Hearty Turkey Pie
1. Prepare Tenderflake pie shells according to package directions for a double crust pie.
2. Simmer vegetables in boiling stock for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving vegetables and stock.
3. In same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour; cook, stirring 1 minute. Whisk in stock, milk and wine. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring, 2 minutes.
4. Stir in BUTTERBALL turkey, vegetables, tarragon, salt and pepper. Let cool.
5. Place 1 pie shell on baking sheet; spoon in turkey mixture. Cover with second pie shell; seal and flute edge. Cut steam vents on top. Bake at 425 F (220C) for 10 minues. Reduce heat to 350F (180C) and continue baking 35 minutes until golden.
TIP For golden glazed pie crust, brush with lightly beaten egg before baking
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 450?F (230?C)
2. Measure out enough parchment paper to allow for overhang of a 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan. Scrunch the parchment paper under running water till wet. Squeeze out excess water and line pan. Add sweet potatoes and cranberries. Make sure the cranberries are evenly distributed.
3. Pour the orange juice over top and then drizzle with maple syrup. Make sure the maple syrup is evenly distributed.
4. Roast for 40 - 45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
5. Remove from pan and serve or refrigerate until next day**.
**To reheat the sweet potatoes after the turkey comes out of the oven and is taking Turkey Timeout*, increase oven temperature to 450?F (230?C). Reline the 9x13-inch (3.5 L) metal pan with wet parchment paper (see above) and add the cooked sweet potatoes. Place in oven and reheat till hot (about 20 minutes). Each 1/2 cup (125 mL) serving contains:
75 Calories, 0 g Total fat, 0 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 33 mg Sodium, 18 g CHO, 2.5 g Fiber, 1 g Protein
Makes 8 - 1/2 cup (125 mL) servings
*Turkey Timeout – the time a cooked turkey needs to sit after being removed from the oven to guarantee perfection in flavour, texture and carving.