Tex Mex Turkey Skillet
1. Heat 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir until rice turns light golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add salsa and broth; stir to mix. Cover skillet, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
2.In a second skillet, heat the remaining 15 ml (1 tbsp) oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables just start to brown on edges, adding corn after 3 minutes. Add turkey to vegetables and set aside until rice is done.
3. Stir vegetables and turkey into rice mixture. Continue heating 2 minutes or until turkey is hot. Sprinkle with cheese, cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
4. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro.
Holiday Mashed Potatoes
1. Place potatoes in large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
2. Add milk, cream cheese spread and butter to potatoes mash with hand masher or electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Stir in garlic salt and pepper. Spoon into 13×9-inch casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
3. Remove potatoes from refrigerator 3-1/4 hours before serving time. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place potatoes in slow cooker. Cover and heat on low setting 3 hours stirring twice. Potatoes can be held an additional 30 minutes.
4. Note: Substitute 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, for cream cheese spread.
Quick and Easy Tropical Turkey
In a large saucepan whisk gravy mix into water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
Stir in ginger root, cinnamon, carrots, onion, broccoli and turkey; return to boil.
Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in banana.
Serve over rice; sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
TIP Substitute 1 tsp (5ml) ground ginger for fresh ginger root.