Citrus Mustard Basted Turkey
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine butter, herbs, zest, mustard,
salt and pepper in work bowl of blender or food processor;
cover. Process until well blended.
2. Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of
turkey. Reserve giblets for stuffing recipe. Drain juices from turkey and dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
3. Remove butter mixture from blender. Carefully work fingers under skin on breast of turkey. Place half the butter mixture under breast area. Rub remaining butter mixture over breast
and legs of turkey.
4. Place turkey, breast side up, on a flat rack in a shallow baking pan. Roast turkey approximately 1-1/2 hours. Then, cover
breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning.
5. Roast turkey another 1-1/2 hours, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F; when inserted into the deepest part of the
6. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
Tropical Pumpkin Pie
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Stir in coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, combine pineapple and cornstarch in small microwaveable bowl or measuring cup until well blended. Microwave on High 1 minute, or until thickened and bubbly, stirring after 30 seconds. Cover; refrigerate while pie is cooling.
5. Spoon evenly onto center of cooled pie, leaving some pumpkin around edge visible. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with a serving of whipped topping, just before serving.
Northwoods Maple-Mustard Turkey Sandwich
1. Combine syrup, oil, vinegar and salt until well blended. Add onions. Toss to coat. Cover. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to marinate, stirring occasionally. Drain onions; discard marinade.
2. Spread 4 of the bread slices with mustard. Cover with half of the cheese. Top with onions, turkey, remaining cheese and
remaining bread slices. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter.
3. Heat large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 to 2 sandwiches at a time. Cover with lid. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.