Tropical Pumpkin Pie
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl with wire whisk. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Stir in coconut. Pour into pastry shell.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Bake 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
4. Meanwhile, combine pineapple and cornstarch in small microwaveable bowl or measuring cup until well blended. Microwave on High 1 minute, or until thickened and bubbly, stirring after 30 seconds. Cover; refrigerate while pie is cooling.
5. Spoon evenly onto center of cooled pie, leaving some pumpkin around edge visible. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with a serving of whipped topping, just before serving.
Peas with Turkey Bacon and Onions
1. Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan on medium heat. Cook and stir bacon 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Stir in onions. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in frozen peas, pepper and salt. Cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until all ingredients are heated through.
West Coast Multigrain Dressing with Dried Fruit and Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, red pepper and garlic. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
3. Combine cooked vegetables, breads, apple, dried fruit, almonds, herbs, salt and pepper in large bowl. Pour chicken broth over the top and stir lightly until all ingredients are moist.
4. Place mixture in a greased 3-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for
another 15 to 20 minutes.