West Coast Multigrain Dressing with Dried Fruit and Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add celery, onion, red pepper and garlic. Saute 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
3. Combine cooked vegetables, breads, apple, dried fruit, almonds, herbs, salt and pepper in large bowl. Pour chicken broth over the top and stir lightly until all ingredients are moist.
4. Place mixture in a greased 3-quart baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for
another 15 to 20 minutes.
Turkey Pretzel Roll-up
1. Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each turkey slice.
Sprinkle each turkey slice with 1 teaspoon each sunflower kernels and celery.
2. Place 1 pretzel rod at bottom edge of each turkey slice; roll up
3. Serve immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Turkey Burgers with Caramelized Onions
1. For Red Wine Caramelized Onions, heat oil in a 10-inch skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 12 to 15 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Stir in red wine, honey and Worcestershire. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Keep mixture warm while preparing burgers.
2. For Turkey Burgers, cook turkey burgers according to broiling package directions to an internal temperature of 165°F.
3. Butter cut surfaces of buns. Spread Dijonnaise over bottom half of buns. Top each with a tomato slice, turkey burger, 1 ounce of goat cheese and some of the onion mixture. Cover with top of bun and serve.