Quick and Easy Tropical Turkey
In a large saucepan whisk gravy mix into water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, whisking constantly.
Stir in ginger root, cinnamon, carrots, onion, broccoli and turkey; return to boil.
Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in banana.
Serve over rice; sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
TIP Substitute 1 tsp (5ml) ground ginger for fresh ginger root.
Apple Cranberry Streusel Pie
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. For Streusel, combine flour, 6 tbsp. of the light brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Gradually stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
3. For Filling, roll pie crust on lightly floured surface to an 11-inch diameter circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold excess crust at edge under. Press dough together on rim to form a thick crust edge. Form a decorative edge using fingers, fork or other utensil.
4. Combine apples, cranberry sauce, remaining ¾ cup light brown sugar and cornstarch until well blended. Spoon apple mixture into pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with Streusel.
5. Bake about 1 hour, or until apples are tender. Serve warm.
Pumpkin Toffee Pie
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Beat pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in eggs, milk and cream until well blended.
3. Sprinkle toffee-flavored bits evenly onto bottom of pastry shell. Top with pumpkin mixture.
4. Bake 1 hour, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Cut pie into 8 slices. Top each slice with whipped cream, if desired.